"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world.
Indeed, it's the only thing that ever has."
BECOME AN ADVOCATE FOR SENIOR ISSUES!
Are YOU ready to be a Change Agent that improves quality of life for seniors?
After completing our intensive 7 day training session, you will:
- Gain knowledge to energize yourself as an advocate for change
- Meet with elected officials to discuss advocacy issues at the federal, state, county and municipality levels
- Have learned communication skills for advocacy
- Be well versed in the economic insecurities faced by seniors
- Have developed team building skills
- Be equipped to deliver a presentation on a key senior topic
SAMPLE EDUCATIONAL CURRICULUM
- Introductions, Overview, Expectations
- Advocates as Change Agents
- Opportunities for Advocacy
- Senior Benefits & Entitlements
- Health, Social Security, VA, Transportation, Homestead Rebate, others
- Elder Care Planning
- Communication Skills for Advocates
- Knowledge of Housing Issues and Communication Techniques
- Federal & State Legislative Overview
- County/Municipal Overview
- Graduation - Guest Speaker